- John Tesh – Roundball Rock (Edit)
Scientifically proven to be the best song ever.
- The Buzzcocks – Running Free
- Ghostface Killah feat. Raekwon, Slick Rick, Rza – The Sun
This is a love song to the sun. Do you realize how awesome it is to write a love song to the sun!?!
- Jackson 5 – Big Boy
- Jeanette – Porque Te Vas
- Blackalicious – Deception
Part 1 of songs I overplayed in the spring of 2000.
- Vitamin String Quartet – Hey Joe
- Radical Face – Wrapped in Piano Strings
- Jay Reatard – My Shadow
- Robert Mitchum – What Is This Generation Coming To?
If you have the last A Curated Christmas and/or came to Cocktails with the Robert Mitchum radio play you might think that I have a thing for Robert Mitchum. You’re right!
- Lil’ Wayne – The Best Rapper Alive (NOLA Nightmare Mixtape)
Over the summer, I worked for Lil Wayne’s fan club and came to believe this statement as fact. But really this song is about the beat.
- Soft Cell – Chips on My Shoulder
I don’t understand why Soft Cell didn’t re-become huge a few years ago.
- Dismemberment Plan – The City
Part 2 of songs I overplayed in the spring of 2000.
- Inell Young – What Do You See in Her?
- Golden Gate Quartet – Blind Barnabus
- Klark Kent – Away From Home
Stewart Copeland’s secretive solo project from 1980ish. I first heard this song on Pearl Jam’s Self-Pollution radio broadcast in 1995. When I looked over that track list, I re-thought Pearl Jam was really, really cool.
- The Three Degrees – Collage
- The Utica Club Natural Carbonation Band – The Utica Club Natural Carbonation Beer Drinking Song
To really get the full awesomeness of this song, read DJ Danny’s great Office Naps post.
- Just Blaze & Pouncake – Backstabbers
Future mega-producer Just Blaze did this beat when he was 17 or something. This song makes me nostalgic for my youth of broken-fire-hydrant-block-parties
that I never ever had.
- The Hunnies – Hunnies vs. Gozer
I have some awesome friends in awesome bands, but only one awesome friend band has a song that contains my most favorite guitar solo for the past umpteen months–which is this. Nevertheless, you should still check out the others if we happen to not know all the same people: Assacre, Belaire, Black Before Red, Canopy, Dear and the Headlights, MVSCLZ, The Pillow Queens, Sam Champion, Tiny James and the Regular Sized Peach.
- David Ruffin – Heaven Help Us All
- Lil’ Wayne – 2 Minute Acapella
I’m pretty sure that this is a freestyle and more correctly affirms track 11′s boast–especially after the first 30 seconds or so.