DOWNLOAD HERE or HERE
Hi again! I’ve made a mix for this holiday season because A) I’m still cheap and B) like the idea of mixes. If you want even more me approved non-holiday holiday music, you should feel free to complete the collection with A Curated Christmas 2007 and/or A Curated Christmas 2005 (alternate link).
I hope your (economically affordable) holiday season is going most excellent and that the new year is way more bodacious than the last.
- Bill Cosby – Martin’s Funeral
Okay, I know nothing about jazz, but I really love this. Partially I think it’s sweet sounding/Partially I’m in awe of Bill Cosby. Is there anything he can’t do?!? Snazzy dresser? Check. Pudding endorser? Check. Real doctor? Check!
To top it off, there’s this: Jack Benny, Dick Cavett, and Bill Cosby talking music.
- The Knife – We Share Our Mothers’ Health
- Mark Mallman – True Love
This is sorta embarrassing to like, but whatevs. It should be noted that Mark Mallman is partial to playing really, really long songs live (26 and 56 hours…straight) that are for some reason not recorded by the Guinness Book peeps. Believe Wikipedia if not me.
- Desaparecidos – Manana
This was part of the minor fad (really just this album and The Argument, that I know of) of writing rad jams about urban issues.
- Madness – Wings of a Dove
- Cristina (featuring Kevin Kline!) - Disco Clone
In no small part included because Kevin Kline is such a sweet dude.
- Fleetwood Mac – Ledge
For forever, Kevin and Joe were trumpeting Tusk and I wasn’t quite ready to believe. My bad.
- Marnie Stern – The Package is Wrapped
- John Vanderslice – My Old Flame
I came across this when I was trying to find this surprisingly creepy song Spike Jones did while impersonating Peter Lorre. I have decided to go for this one so as to not weird anyone out.
- David Byrne – Glass, Concrete & Stone
- Miracle Fortress – Little Trees
Birdseed did some super-sleuthing to help me figure out this was the band I liked that was playing during her b-day. Thanks K.B.!
- Ahmad – Back in the Day
I have no idea how I got this song or who this dude is.
- Raphael Saadiq – Big Easy
I don’t know how many people have this album (The Way I See It), but it’s pretty suhweeet.
- Tlahoun Gèssèssè – Tchuhetén Betsèmu
Everything about this man is very hard for me to type.
- Black Flag – TV Party
- Eric Clapton – I Can’t Stand It
The first 30 seconds of this are pretty impeccable.
- Propagandhi – Gifts
Less Talk, More Rock: Still awesome.
- Wale - Big Spender (Freestyle)
- Howard Tate – Stop
- Frank Sinatra – I Would Be In Love Anyway
- The Constantines and Feist – Islands In The Stream
I didn’t know of this original version of this song and so when I heard this on the radio, I thought they were covering that song from Bulworth.
- Okkervil River – The President Is Dead
- Heavy D and the Boyz – Now That We Found Love